In a new document, published on Epidemiologia & Prevenzione, the Asbestos Working Group of the Italian Association of Epidemiology reflects on the methodology to be followed for the individual application of the results of epidemiological studies.
The topics covered in the document concern:
- consumption and presence of asbestos;
- association between asbestos exposure and pathology;
- epidemiological surveillance in Italy;
- risk function for asbestos pathologies;
- increased risk and anticipation of the disease;
- interaction between asbestos and other carcinogens;
- diagnosis in epidemiological studies;
- assessment of exposure to asbestos;
- epidemiological evidence on asbestos exposure pathologies.
The document comes to a summary of the conclusions of scientific research shared by AIE, with the reflection on the methodology to be followed for the individual application of the results of epidemiological studies and with the proposal of themes towards which research should be directed.
Read the document "Effetti dell’amianto sulla salute. Documento dell’Associazione Italiana di Epiemiologia (AIE)" Epidemiologia & Prevenzione, anno 44 (5-6) settembre-dicembre 2020